The main purpose of our United Way is to support local health and human services that empower residents to raise their quality of life.
United Way of St. Clair County will be a leader to help the community identify and address human care problems. It will accomplish this by:
- Identifying critical and emerging human service needs through qualified assessments.
- Generating financial resources in a manner which is responsive to both donor and community needs.
- Managing and allocating resources for maximum efficiency and accountability.
- Responding appropriately to existing needs with an emphasis on preventative measures whenever possible.
- Promoting volunteerism and leadership development to support the human services network.
United Way of St. Clair County has adopted the following values as the base upon which all organizational decisions are screened:
- Valuing diversity in governance, operations, and allocations with donor representation in all decision-making processes.
- Helping families and individuals to help themselves by focusing on preventative solutions wherever possible.
- Promoting the development of community wide collaborative and cooperative services.
- Assuring the highest levels of accountability by maintaining a standardized and impartial relationship with all service providers.
- Fostering a spirit of caring and social responsibility in individuals and employers.