Interested in volunteering?
United Way of St. Clair County is a volunteer lead organization. Over 290 volunteers set the direction of and govern the organization, determine what community needs will be addressed, help raise resources, decide how money received is spent, and help with daily administrative and maintenance work.
Why volunteer? (Click below to discover some benefits of volunteering your time and talents.)
Nonprofit organizations depend on the giving nature of volunteers. But volunteers often reap satisfaction and benefits of volunteering by becoming involved in their communities. Not sure how volunteering can be a personal benefit to you? Here are four reasons to give a little time to a nonprofit organization every week...
Click ↓ to get connected with opportunities near you!
Looking to Make An Impact?
- The Citizens Review Committee utilizes an online system to review organization’s applications and make funding recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 20-25 hours annually
- Requirements: Availability on second Tuesday of month, comfortable using computer, and contribute to Annual United Way Campaign
Looking To Enhance Your Leadership Skills?
- The Loaned Executive Program partners with companies to train an employee to build relationships, network and develop leadership and public speaking skills. Volunteers can be selected through companies interested in designating an employee or individuals looking to build their professional skills.
- Time Commitment: 20-25 hours, August – January
Do You Enjoy Working With The Public?
- The United Way Medical Loan Closet and administrative support opportunity offers insight of the direct services of the office. Basic administrative responsibilities include answering the phone, data entry, working with the public.
- Time Commitment: Minimum 2 hour monthly/weekly schedule
Is Event Planning Your Interest?
- The special events committee could be just the right fit! Be a part of a fun committee to support raffles and events throughout the year.
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per event
Looking for One Time Opportunities?
- Occasionally United Way has individual opportunities to help with different aspects of the organization. Packing campaign materials, outdoor building improvement projects, compiling special mailings, etc. Volunteers interested are “on call”, and if our request works for your schedule, great!!! If not, we will try contacting you again for another project.
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours
Are you seeking volunteer opportunities outside of United Way? Dail 2-1-1 for opporutnities that may be available or email us.
* United Way of St. Clair County may request a resume to be submitted, will conduct an interview, and will perform a background check. *